In recent years, the increased number of digitisation projects and the growing virtualisation of digital collections may well justify the use of similar solutions for public collections – or any institution with a digital collection.
Repository implementations aim at providing a repository for uploaded media (text documents, images, videos, audio files – mainly non-proprietary content). The service platform is usually the open access catalogue of the public collection (OPAC3). If required, some repositories can be used independently (e.g. DSpace, EPrints).
- hierarchical management of collections
- hierarchical record management
- multi-level authority management
- creation of custom forms
- OAI-PMH output and REST API
- media content upload, storage
- serving uploaded content to public catalogs
- display metadata from catalogs
DSpace: KDS project
Start and end date of development
Applied Qulto product(s)
connected to OPAC3