The aim of eCard mobile application is to make as many ‘library issues’ as possible accessible, transparent and manageable in one place. The application is able to manage multiple reader’s cards at the same time, thus offering an easy-to-use, user-friendly solution for cases where the user is a reader of several libraries, but also for cases where the user wants to view and manage the cards of his family members together in one application.
Users can manage their library transactions, such as renewals, reservations, checking deadlines and debts, on their own mobile phones. The app also sends notifications of due deadlines. As a convenience, they can also use the ‘Libraries’ feature to see on the embedded map which library is closest to them. In some libraries, you can also use the reader’s card displayed in the app as a virtual reader’s card to enter the library.
- managing reader’s cards (reviewing loans and debts, reservations, renewals)
- notification management (mobile notification about current tasks, e.g. expiring loans, availabe reservations, expiry of enrolment)
- mobile library card
- searching library catalogues, saving results (to put on virtual shelf)
- calendar (overview of deadlines, expiry dates, opening hours, etc.)
- contact to libraries – map search with libraries in the country using Qulto
In the future, we are planning to extend the application with social media and financial functions.
Start and end date of development
October 2019 – June 2022
Applied Qulto component(s)